Spend your dollars on great beer and a pair of good causes this Saturday, April 7, at two events just miles apart in Berkeley. Triple Rock Brewery kicks off the day at 11:30am with their 10th Annual Firkin Fest benefiting the Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation. Expect the bar to be littered with firkins from breweries all over the Bay Area. Then after 1:00pm, head over to the Pyramid Alehouse to taste a stellar lineup of new beers and returning seasonals. The proceeds will go to help Ales for Autism.
Here’s all the details from the event hosts:
Triple Rock Brewery’s 10th annual tribute to real ale is back! Starting at 11:30am and going till 5pm, we will fill the pub with firkins of real ale. $20 gets you a commemorative glass and 4 pours of real ale. $4 for additional pours.
Each year, we highlight the simple joy that is real ale as well as brewers’ modern takes on these classic ales (often infused with natural flavors like fruits, cacao nibs, & spices). This year our own firkins will be joined by ales from Marin Brewing, Moylan’s Brewery, Iron Springs Brewery, Firehouse Brewery, EJ Phair Brewing, Oakland Brewing Company, Pizza Orgasmica, Beach Chalet Brewing, Speakeasy Brewing, Pyramid Brewing, Dying Vine Brewing, Black Diamond Brewing, Thirsty Bear Brewing, 21st Amendment Brewery, Drake’s Brewing and more.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation, friends of our neighbors, the Berkeley Fire Department.
The Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation (AARBF) is a California-based nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing burns and fires and providing services to those who have been affected by a burn injury. AARBF brings together health care providers, firefighters, emergency workers, burn survivors and others to enhance the quality of life for burn survivors and to make burn injuries a thing of the past.
Drink Beer, Cure Autism. For $20 enjoy unlimited samples of Pyramid’s new beer releases and food-pairings for each beer created by our award-winning chef from 1:00pm – 4:00pm. 100% of the proceeds benefit Ales for Autism.
This event has a limited number of tickets and is expected to sell out. Purchase tickets at: http://www.fanfueled.com/alesforautism
Exclusive Release Tasting Menu
• Wit: A light white beer of Belgian origin brewed with chamomile, coriander, curacao (bitter orange peel) and sweet orange peel (ABV: 5.1% IBU: 13)
• Dunkel: A Pyramid twist on the German Dunkel Weisse. (ABV: 5.6% IBU: 24)
• Wheaten IPA: A boldly hopped IPA designed to provide a pleasant citrus and aromatic hop experience. (ABV: 6.5% IBU: 66)
• Pale Ale: Stylistically more in line with a traditional English pale, the sweet and malty flavor compliments its floral hop aromas. (ABV: 5.4% IBU: 38)
• Uproar Imperial Red Ale: A complex, ruby-hued ale. Punctuated with notes of citrus and herbs, Uproar has a velvet texture with pleasing hints of roasty chocolate. (ABV: 7.3% IBU: 60)
•Curve Ball Blonde Ale: A deliciously drinkable golden summer seasonal. ABV: 5% IBU: 18
•Full Bloom, MacTarnahan’s: A notably Northwest spin on a Bohemian Pilsner with a refreshing hop aroma and a gloriously smooth bite. (ABV: 6.3% IBU: 40)
•Grifter IPA, MacTarnahan’s: A criminally delicious surprise that’ll steal your allegiance and con your thirst into leavin’ town. (ABV: 6.2% IBU: 54)