February is shaping up to be a very tipsy month for beer drinkers in San Francisco. Social Kitchen and Brewery has announced a month long celebration of five new high-octane beers that utilize traditional and non-traditional ingredients. The beer will range between 8.2% to 10.5% ABV and will replace their standard lineup, with the exception of the lighter Social Kolsch, until supplies last.
In the words of Brewmaster Rich Higgins, “February’s long nights and rainy cold are the perfect time to enjoy strong, warming beers. The Strong Beer Social follows in the footsteps of 21st Amendment Brewery’s and Magnolia Gastropub and Brewery’s Strong Beer Month, which is a fun and legendary celebration held every February.”
Here’s the complete menu:
• Big Muddy Weizenbock (8.2% ABV), a Bavarian-style strong wheat beer with notes of chocolate, banana, and clove
• White Thai Affair (9.5% ABV), a golden Belgian-style ale brewed with galangal and lemongrass – a spiced, imperial version of SKB’s popular Rapscallion
• Double Doozy IPA (9.2% ABV), a double IPA with organic hops from Hops-Meister Farm in Clearlake, CA
• The Giant S’more (10.5% ABV), a Belgian-style Imperial Stout with hints of graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow
• The Big Lebowski White Prussian (9.0% ABV), an Imperial Grätzer-style ale with espresso from SKB’s neighbors, Bicycle Coffee Roasters