At the conclusion of every year we’re inundated with top ten lists. It’s an obsession that helps us evaluate and celebrate the good, the bad and what simply needs to be forgotten. They also generate controversy and a healthy debate, which is also part of the fun.
Writer and beer judge Jay Brooks published his top 10 new beers of 2010 available in the region. It’s a great mix of styles from breweries primarily based on the West Coast.
10. Sierra Nevada Tumblr Autumn Brown Ale
9. Lost Abbey Deliverance
8. Lagunitas Lil Sumpin’ Wild Ale
7. Deschutes Red Chair NWPA
6. Marin E. S. Chi
5. Brouwerij De Ryck’s Arend Tripel
4. Shmaltz Lenny’s RIPA on Rye
3. 21st Amendment Back in Black IPA
2. Firestone Walker Parabola
1. Sierra Nevada’s 30th Anniversary Series
Be sure to pay a visit to Brooks on Beer for the full commentary and descriptions.
How does this list equate with your assessment of the year in beer?